Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Surrender

I surrender my self to thee, I am no longer more.
I see my fears and embrace them, I say to thee, No longer shall I love you more
This heart has been a vessel, in which I thought to fill.
This life has been a story in which I thought was more,
These hands have been of purpose, and thought to be just one,
I fell prey to these illusions, and this, I will no more.

If I were to be of purpose, it would be unlike this more,
I would be in service and see my hands over pour.
This life is not to take, I am not I, but you.
And with my disregard have done you no service.
Light upon my heart, and this will be undone,
Illuminate my breathe for hers to burn,
Consume me,
And I will be no more.

We two will gather and slumber in our trust,
I will see no longer the more in which I feared
Yet hold those, as you hold me now, in nurture.
May this heart be one for the rest.
I surrender my death, and live in your eternity.



Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment